ISO 28000 specifies the requirements for a security management system, including those aspects critical to security assurance of the supply chain. ISO 28000 certification is applicable to all sizes of organizations, from small to multinational, in manufacturing, service, storage or transportation at any stage of the production or supply chain.
By becoming certified against ISO 28000, your organization will ensure that threats coming from logistical operations and supply chain partners are being managed and controlled securely.
ISO 28000 Emphasize to improve the security of the supply chains organization and enables an organization to establish an overall supply chain security management system. It requires the companies to assess the security environment in which it operates and to determine if adequate security measures are in place and if other regulatory requirements already exist with which the organization complies.
ISO 28000 focuses on actively managing and reducing risks. It addresses potential security issues at all stages of the supply process, specifically within the logistics area, targeting threats such as terrorism, fraud and piracy. It is also focusing on mitigating effects of security incidents.
Benefits of ISO 28000 certification to your organization:
- Facilitates trade and expedite the transport of goods across borders
- Monitors and manages security risks throughout your business and supply chain
- Gains a competitive advantage and new business opportunities
- Encourages companies to secure their own processes within supply chains
- Reassures stakeholders of your organization’s commitment to the safety of individuals and security of goods and services
- Allows management to focus finite resources on areas of greatest concern
- Benchmarks your organization’s security management practices with international best practice
- Achieves cost savings through a reduction in security incidents
- Potential reduction in corporate insurance premiums
- Gains opportunities to improve efficiency across working practices
Benefits of ISO 28000 certification to your customers:
- Enhance trust and credibility with secure suppliers
- Satisfactory final products/services
- Fewer returned products and complaints
- Product/Service quality assurance
- Proof of security