ISO 22000 sets out the requirements for a food safety management system and can be certified to. It maps out what an organization needs to do to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe. It can be used by any organization regardless of its size or position in the food chain.
ISO 22000 integrates the principles of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system and application steps developed by the Codex Alimentarius Commission. By means of auditable requirements, it combines the HACCP plan with prerequisite programs. Hazard analysis is the key to an effective food safety management system, since conducting a hazard analysis assists in organizing the knowledge required to establish an effective combination of control measures.
Benefits of implementing ISO 22000 in to your organization
- Minimizes the experience of low-quality and health risk foods
- Increases food safety in the entire food Safety industry
- Increases trust by the public, industry and the public sector Compliance with legal and Codex HACCP principle.
- Fewer errors and customer complaints.
- Continual improvement in products & processes.
- Sustainable food safety performance.
- Improves consumer / supplier /regulator confidence and relationships.
- Platform for process and management control and improvement.
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Promotes international trade.
- ISO 22000 ensures that the safety management system for your food company focuses on quality improvement.
- It also ensures that the right practices for hazard prevention and control are in place.
- The certification process of ISO 22000 helps make the systems of a business more effective, with a focus of improvement at all times. The result is that the food business will improve continually, leading to more success.